Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know how we're doing here in BO.

Cindy and I are getting along just fine and starting to adapt very well, we are still not venturing out too far though. I will be preaching at Galehun tomorrow and presenting the key board that was donated by a family at Living Water Assembly in Onamia, Mn.

I decided to go ahead with the razor wire for the house in Bo because of security and safety issues, all the neighbors are happy to see the development. Also Cindy and I painted the interior of the house with the help of BK and Sela, now expert painters. I might add We had a showing of the Jesus Film in Krio in the house a few days ago with BK and a few of the guys, they were quite interested with eyes glued to the screen. We all prayed together afterward and I believe they all were touched. They still say they are with me an want to attend church. Cindy and I had 5 in the pickup with us last Sunday. I want to challenge them to fully commit their lives to serve Christ but I'm not sure they understand yet. Please pray for the Holy Spirits enlightenment and conviction in their lives.

Things just go so slow here I don't feel like I'm getting anything done, we haven't even touched the used clothing we sent from Minnesota. Cindy is working on a scripture memory program for the kids, she found come colored construction paper and is manufacturing cards and large signs. We haven't even been over to the ministry center. We did make contact with all the pastors in our group though and have met with some of them. Pastor Alex from down the street stops buy almost every day and seems compelled to immerse us in the Mende talkin', he is also joined in his efforts to instruct me by all the ladies on the block who also treat me like the local 2 year old who needs to learn the whole language today. It's good to know people love me though.

Bunmi is in need of funds to continue fixing computers and Peter Kiow is asking for money to pay security and the electric bill at the center here in Bo. I guess that's normal for Sierra Leone, everybody wants something. Well I'll close for now, I hope you all have a blessed day.

Please pray for our household helper Judith, she has been very sick for a few days. Pray that God will heal and strenghten her, she is such a blessing and joy to us.

Your servants in Christ, Danny & Cindy

No comments: