Monday, January 5, 2009

Sweating in Sierra Leone

Hi Everybody,

Well here we are, Cindy and Me in hot sunny Sierra leone. Life has certianaly been interesting this last week or so. We arived Christmas Eve. 2 bags short, the good thing is in a few days the airlines had retrieved our bags, the bad thing is some of our belongings were gone, oh well TIA this is Africa.

Most days are tolerable for a Minnesotian like me who's used to -20 farenheight but waking up to 80 with 88% humidity is just hard on a boy from the frozen tundra this time of year.

Most of you know Cindy and I are fanatical Jesus People and came here to tell people about the good news of Christ's love, well we sure had a great supprise when we traveled to Bo (our home city in Sierra Leone) when the chief of Bo#2 said that now that Cindy and I have come he's going to buy some new clothes and become a christian now too. I had spent some time talking to chief B.K. in a previous trip about christianity and espicaly what it ment to be a christian. I was so excited to hear of his positive responce. Cindy and I both aggred that is well worth any inconvience we may incure.

Well there is no power and I'm worried about the battery so I'll have to finish later. Sorry no time for spell check, just use your imagianation if you don't have the decoder book.

Blessings! Rev. D

No comments: